The other day it donned on me that the reason I don't post very often is that I think that every post needs a picture. I don't know why I think this but I do and have decided to change my ways. The main reason for my predicament is that although I take a lot of pictures, I hate downloading them. It is silly considering it takes all of one minute but it is just one extra barrier to getting my pictures on the computer. The other reason is that I just don't think blog entries without pictures are as cute. I must face reality though and accept that I have a lot of things to blog about and it is better to blog no picture than be delayed forever with a picture. This is my new burgenerblog mission (we'll see how long it lasts).
On that note, I have a lovely event from yesterday to write about. This is one that I am particularly glad that no pictures exist. Yesterday afternoon, about 20 minutes before school gets out, the secretary from Tally's school calls to inform me that she threw out her retainer at lunch. They tried to check the trash that was still in the cafeteria but no luck. I was fuming because she has had her retainer one whole week!!! Knowing I was not about to fork out the money for a new one, and wanting to teach her a lesson that I hope she will remember as long as she has her retainers, I told the secretary we would be there after school to go through the trash.
I then rushed to drop the little boys off at a friends and hurried over to the school. I brought gloves, goggles and a mask just in case. Tally felt badly but not bad enough until we got the honor of going through all the elementary school's lunch trash for the day. I got to make a lot of observations about what does and doesn't get eaten, how many completely full and unopened things get thrown out, how chocolate milk is the drink of choice and so much more that I won't describe. We finally found her retainer in our 8TH BAG (there were 10 bags)!!! Yuck! I am grateful for gloves, a hot shower and bleach after such an experience. I knew somewhere in my parenthood a day like today would come and I just hope that it is a once in a lifetime kind of experience.
I will post soon about Easter, Chase's Birthday, etc.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment