Thursday, February 19, 2009

Purgatory - The Before Bedroom






Ok, if I ever posted more often I wouldn't forget what I was doing every time. Oh well. Really, this post is all about the bedroom we remodeled over the fall. We started in August and finished in December but I have just been procrastinating putting the pictures on the blog.

Where to start with the old bedroom. These pictures show our messy room because we were in the midst of packing to move out. It is hard to say what I miss the most- the popcorn ceilings with gold glitter, the fan with just a lightbulb because the lightkit broke, the fan wobbling and being held stable with a golf tee, the 7 foot dropped ceiling in the bathroom that you could reach up a touch, the 80's chrome light bar, the 80's baby blue/silver/pink metallic leaf wallpaper and matching curtains, the old white but actually dingy gray carpet, the fake wood flat doors, the mismatched hardware, the closet with a weird wall in the middle separating it into two little rooms, but mostly I will miss the plumbing that was oh so reliable (the shower faucet leak, the drainage problems, the sink not draining, the toiliet not flushing, etc.).

As you can see it was a happy day to pay an insane amount of money for a new bedroom and bathroom. The next entry will have the new bathroom photos because I can't figure out how to put captions under the actual pictures.

No comments: