Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tally's Christmas Concert Surprise




Ok, so during Tally's Christmas program at school I had one of those parent moments when I don't know if I should feel like a totally lame parent for not knowing something important about my daughter or be really pleased that she could handle something kind of scary all by herself! So, here goes the whole story.
Tally's school has each grade in charge of a holiday so that not all 500 kids are trying to do something at the same time. Her 2nd grade was assigned the christmas musical performance. Tally told me she tried out for a part and got a talking part. She brought the script home in early December and showed me the one sentence she needed to know. I asked her if we needed to practice and she said she already had it memorized. Yeah! So, on the day of the performance I took the two little boys to the day performance since I had enrichment that night and Rhett was going to come back that evening to see the show. I was sitting there trying to keep Cade and Lane quiet while we enjoyed this very cute little show. Tally got up and said her part flawlessly. Again, Yeah! She didn't seem nervous and all was going well.

A few minutes later Tally got up to the microphone again and I thought to myself," That's strange. I thought she already said her part". The music cued and little Tally proceeded to sing a lenghty solo that involved the chorus and a duet with another little girl!!! I was so shocked I whipped my camera to video mode and tried to hold back the tears as my little girl belted out a cute song.

It was so touching and I made Rhett video the whole thing when he went back that night. I still can't believe she didn't tell us and that I didn't even have to help her. She is growing up too quickly. I will cherish this christmas memory forever.

No comments: