Monday, September 15, 2008

Religion and Pop Culture

We were sitting in Sacrament Meeting at church yesterday and Rhett was trying to keep Lane quiet with a little book of laminated church pictures. Rhett got to the picture of Joseph Smith and Lane excitedly said "water". He kept saying it over and over and Rhett finally realized he was saying "Potter". Lane was insistent that Joseph Smith was Harry Potter! I promise we hold Family Home Evening and actually talk about who Joseph Smith is but Lane would have no part of that line of discussion yesterday.

Then, Rhett and Lane got further into the book of pictures and there was a picture of some temple and Lane excitedly said "Potter Castle". I guess this is a sign that I need to push the church videos a little more. We all got a little chuckle out of that one (especially the folks sitting behind us listening to this riveting discussion about Harry Potter and Joseph Smith).

No comments: