Our home on Christmas morning.
The kids waiting in the dark until I flashed the camera at them.
Tally opening her stocking.
Cade opening his stocking.
Chase with his stocking.
Lane with his stocking.
Opening new Wii Stuff!
Cade with one of his new Batman toys.
Chase in his new Yankees Jersey.
Tally on her new wiggle car.
Lane opened his new Batcave and forgot about everything else.
We got ROCKBAND.
Lane playing with his dad's new exercise ball.
Lane with more Batman stuff.
Rhett trying on his new fuel belt.
Merry Christmas! Ok, I know it is now January but I just haven't gotten around to posting our holiday photos. I guess a lot of that stems from denial that Christmas break is over. This is the first holiday season in 10 years that we haven't had a baby or small toddler and it was quite refreshing. We actually slept in, stayed up late, played games with the kids and truly enjoyed the time we had together as a family. I was sad to send the monkeys back to school. That being said, it was a great Christmas. The kids were so excited to see what Santa brought them and the family. This was the first Christmas that my parents lived here. They got up and came over about 7 am. We opened stockings and started breakfast before they got to our house. We have a rule that the kids can't come get us or go and peek until 6:30. To some families that seems late but for us that is as early as I can handle starting the festivities.
We opened presents all morning, ate, opened, ate, etc. My two older brothers were here, my two niece and my parents. It was a great morning. The kids were so excited because we got two more wii controllers, some new wii games and Rockband. Lets just say that our family gets booed off the stage when we play together. My husband surprised me with a trip to San Francisco in February to see Wicked. He arranged for me and my long time friend, Stacey, to meet me there. What a great hubby.
We had CHristmas dinner at my parents house and it was nice to have someone else host the holiday meal for a change. I think I can used to this arrangement.
We spent Christmas Eve at home singing carols, eating treats, and reading the story of the birth of the Savior. As I looked at all my family I realized that if there wasn't one present under the tree, I would love the holiday just the same because of the warmth and joy it brings into our home.
It was a great holiday season. Now on to a very busy 2010!
1 comment:
Our rule is no peak or bother ing parents (and sleeping siblings) until 7am. Even then it is too early!
Post a Comment