Friday, January 15, 2010

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas







Pre-Christmas festivities included the annual tradition of making and decorating sugar cookies. I started making these when I was little and have been going strong ever since. I have seriously great memories of my brothers and I decoration our special cookies for Santa with precision and care. We would plan out what cookie cutter, what colors of frosting and what decorations would go on top. I am now doing that with my own kids. This year we had my nieces, Alene and Ciana, there to help us get the cookies just right. We had a blast and I think we ate as much dough as we made cookies.

The other tradition over the last 7 years has been going to the preschool Christmas program. Since all of the kids have gone to the same preschool, they have all had the opportunity to be in this adorable program. I have posted a few photos of Lane on his special night. I am not sure he truly appreciated how cute he was but he sang so I can't complain. I love the 3,4 and 5 year olds. They are so cute at Christmas.

No comments: