Sunday, March 22, 2009

Trip to Tucson






On March 7-8 our family headed to Tucson for our new little niece, Maren's, baby blessing. We traveled there with Ron and Linda (my in-laws who spent a few days here before the blessing). We had a nice drive and I don't know if that is because the kids are getting better at traveling or that we split the kids up between our car and Grandma's car- its probably a little of both.
We arrived and went to Colossal Cave State Park and toured a huge underground cave that was full of old Indian relics, stalagmites and stalagtites (do not check my spelling on those two words - I hated science in school). The kids thought it was great. Lane was a little scared so we told him it was where the animals would come sleep at night. He then looked at me and asked "Do they put their jammies on before they go to sleep?". He is hilarious.
After the tour we went to my brother-in-laws house for a BBQ and to hang out with the cousins and family. The kids got along pretty well. The weather was beautiful. We then went to our hotel for the night. I remember being a kid and being excited about staying in a hotel but now that I am older I just don't see the fascination. I rarely get a good night's sleep in a hotel. The bed isn't right, the pillow too poofy, the weird A/C/heat noises, the kids in the room, etc. I guess it is just one of those things you enjoy as a child. I would rather sleep in my own bed any night. The kids were wired but did eventually sleep.
The next day we spent at Tyler and Shelley's house. Their new baby Maren is adorable. She is filling out and is just so cute to hold. She was well behaved for her big day. We were glad we were able to spend the weekend with family. It was a great little trip.

No comments: