Last weekend Tally provided me one of those moments when I can say that my kids really are listening and learning a few things. It was Saturday evening and Tally wanted to ride with me to get the babysitter. While driving we passed a limousine with a bride and groom standing in the sunroof thingy. Tally asked what they were doing and I told her that they were going to their wedding reception after just getting married. She didn't say anything more and then a few minutes later she looked at me and asked very seriously," Mom, do we have a temple in Lake Havasu?". I looked and her and said,"no". She then replied,"then how did they get married?". It was a sweet and innocent question that showed the deeper meaning to her that you should only get married in the temple and since we don't have one here then how do people get married. I then told her that not everyone knows what we know about temples and we just need to tell them. She was satisfied with my answer and she moved on but her little comment has stuck with me for days as I realize that the kids really do hear and understand more about the gospel than we give them credit for. Cute little buggers!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tally's Teaching Moment
Last weekend Tally provided me one of those moments when I can say that my kids really are listening and learning a few things. It was Saturday evening and Tally wanted to ride with me to get the babysitter. While driving we passed a limousine with a bride and groom standing in the sunroof thingy. Tally asked what they were doing and I told her that they were going to their wedding reception after just getting married. She didn't say anything more and then a few minutes later she looked at me and asked very seriously," Mom, do we have a temple in Lake Havasu?". I looked and her and said,"no". She then replied,"then how did they get married?". It was a sweet and innocent question that showed the deeper meaning to her that you should only get married in the temple and since we don't have one here then how do people get married. I then told her that not everyone knows what we know about temples and we just need to tell them. She was satisfied with my answer and she moved on but her little comment has stuck with me for days as I realize that the kids really do hear and understand more about the gospel than we give them credit for. Cute little buggers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment