Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Turkey Trot or Bust!








The saturday before Thanksgiving is always spent at the Turkey Trot. This year Rhett, Chase, Cade and I ran it. We tried to convince Cade to do the 2-mile run but he insisted on the full 5k. He ran well the first 1.5 mile and then got tired. After Rhett finished he ran back and helped Cade walk in the last mile. He got an award for being the youngest runner in the race. He was so cute. Rhett got 4th overall and 2nd in his age group. I finished at about 28 minutes and got 2nd place in my age group. Chase got 3rd place in his age group. It is a tough race because the whole second half is all up hill (and it is steep). I was sucking wind but it was great to challenge my cardio system. Maybe next year we will all run it. Gobble, Gobble.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

awesome. good job guys. doone, I miss you!

TeamCar said...

Very cool! Thanks for your Christmas letter! Always fun to read what ya'll are up to!