Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pocatello Half-Marathon





Better late than never. I am finally posting about the half-marathon I did with Leslie Hugues in Pocatello,ID over Labor Day weekend. I flew up there and spent a fun weekend with the Hugues family. The weather was amazing. I had so much fun during the race being near the mountains and seeing so many different things and different people. I can't say running 13.1 miles was all that fun but I had trained and felt ready.

My goal was to be under 2 hours. My first half-marathon in April was 2:03 something and I barely made my goal in this race with 1:59 and some seconds. The altitude and few small hills were tough because I have been running on a treadmill all summer. I was so excited to make my goal though and it was nice to run it with such a great friend.

The rest of the weekend my quads were jello but it was all worth it for the shirt (ha, ha). It was a great weekend and the kids had fun hanging with dad while I was gone. Leslie and went shopping, went to Lava Hot Springs and just hung out and talked. What a perfectly great holiday weekend!

No comments: